With so many over the counter, prescription drugs, and topical treatments for helping fight off chronic pain, there have been other forms of treatment that have been proven to be just as effective. The human body is capable of many amazing things, and the mind has a great influence on how it all works. There are actual mind tricks that you can play to help relieve the chronic pain that many people try anything and everything to get rid of, and it comes at no cost and can be done at any time!
- Meditation has been known for generations as a technique for relaxation, and has also shown to lower pain levels!
- Fantasizing about your favorite foods can get your mind off the pain and onto something that you love!
- Thinking positively not only helps you mentally, but physically as well. Good thoughts can lead to good feelings!
- Laughing releases endorphins into your body. Endorphins make you happy, and happy people feel good!
- Listening to music is a great distraction to get your mind off the pain, and studies have proven that listening to music over an hour a week can subdue pain and depression!
- Writing your thoughts out onto paper has been proven to help fight against pain. Just a simple 15 minutes a day can help in big ways.
- Getting creative and participating in art therapy can be a fun and creative way to stop pain.
Give some of these tricks a try, and see which one works best for you. There are many ways to fight pain, and you don’t have to rely on just medicine to get the job done.
This blog is written for informational purposes only and should not be a substitute for actual medical treatment. Please contact the APM Augusta office to schedule an appointment if you are in need of medical care.